Would you like to design the Newbury Mayor’s Christmas card?
The Mayor of Newbury is inviting local people to design her Christmas card this year.
Each Christmas, the Mayor takes the time to send Christmas cards to those who they have worked with closely throughout their time in office, as well as charities, organisations, civic dignitaries and to Newbury’s Twin Towns. This year, the Mayor of Newbury, Cllr Elizabeth O’Keeffe, is calling upon the local community to submit designs to be part of a competition to choose a winning Christmas card design.
The Mayor said:
In these difficult times I wanted to involve the whole community in designing the official Mayoral Christmas card. I hope it will give some enjoyment and fun to those who wish to take part. Anyone is welcome to enter the competition, and as many entries as possible will be displayed in the printed and digital Newbury Weekly News.
There are three entry categories for the competition: age 7-11, age 12-17 and 18+. There will be a prize for the winner of each category and one overall winner which will be picked from the three which will be chosen as the design to be printed and used for the Mayor’s Christmas card for 2020.
All entries must follow the following criteria:
- The card must be A5. No bigger, no smaller.
- A design which depicts Newbury and Christmas.
- Suitable for printing and distribution to important dignitaries.
- All mediums can be used to produce the card although we ask for no glitter or any mediums that give a foiled reflect, relief or cut-outs.
- All entries must include the full name of the designer, age or entry category, telephone number and email address written on the back of the design.
All entries can be emailed digitally to [email protected] or can be posted to Mayor’s Parlour, Newbury Town Council, Town Hall, Market Place, Newbury, RG14 5AA
Closing date for all entries is Sunday 15th November.