How to avoid online scams – advice for charities
A 1-hour online Community Forum will be held on 27th January 2020, 10.00 am for charitable organisations. It’s open to everyone at a charitable organisation who is concerned about the potential risks and threats of cyber security and online fraud. It will be run by the Good Exchange and Greenham Trust Community Forum in association with Barclays.
The 1 hour forum is presented by representatives from the Barclays Digital Eagles team and Greenham Trust-owned online crowdfunding platform The Good Exchange .
The online forum will cover the following items:
- An introduction to cybercrime
- Your digital foot print
- Tactics used by fraudsters – Phishing, Vishing and Smishing!
- Common scams – Identity fraud, money mules
- Secure passwords and password managers
- Use of public wi-fi
- Top 2 scams affecting charities – phishing and invoice fraud
- Tips for keeping your online fundraising activities safe
- Useful resources
- Q & A
For further information, contact the Good Exchange [email protected]
To register, please click here: