Friday, June 14, 2024

Are you worried about the cost of your energy bills?

Are you worried about the cost of your energy bills?   Would you benefit from extra support in the event of a power cut?

There’s a free and impartial energy advice service available to anyone in Berkshire worried about the rise is energy prices and needing help to save money on bills. The service can also sign you up to the Priority Services Register* so you get extra support in the event of a power cut.

The service is run by the Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) working in partnership with Scottish & Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN). 

SSEN is responsible for maintaining the electricity network across Berkshire and the support is available to anyone in the area no matter who you buy your electricity or gas from.

CSE is a charity supporting people and organisations across the UK to tackle the climate emergency and end the suffering caused by cold homes

CSE advisors can speak to you about your energy use and any issues you are having which are making it difficult for you to heat your home. They can help with things like:

  • Advice around the current energy crisis
  • Help to deal with any ongoing issues or complaints with energy suppliers.
  • Support with gas, electric or water debts
  • Getting funding to make your home more energy efficient such as loft and wall insulation and new heating systems.
  • Signing you up for the Priority Service Register* so you get extra help in the event of a power cut.
  • Help to apply for the £140 Warm Home Discount (if your energy company scheme is still open).
  • Giving out prepayment meter vouchers if you are on a prepayment meter and struggling to afford topping up.

To refer yourself please complete the form on this page:

Or leave a message, with your contact details and a good time to call you back, on this number:  0800 038 6345

*The Priority Service Register is for anyone who would benefit from extra support in the event of a power cut. This can be for any reason but includes people who have physical or mental health difficulties, those over 60 or with children under 5 in the household, people with sensory impairments, learning difficulties or difficulty speaking English.