Boris Johnson has announced that current Tier 3 areas in the South East of England, such as West Berkshire will enter a new Tier 4 set of rules.
This will be similar to the lockdown we entered in November.
The rules will include:
- Residents must stay at home, apart from limited exemptions
- Non-essential retail, indoor gyms and leisure facilities and personal care services must close
- People must work from home if they can, unless this is not possible e.g. manufacturing and construction sectors
- People should not enter or leave tier4 areas
- Tier 4 residents must not stay overnight away from home
- You can only meet one person from another household in an outdoor public space
- Communal worship can continue to take place
- You should not mix with anyone outside your household at Christmas, though support bubbles will remain in place
You can find full details of the Tier 4 regulations on the UK Government’s website by clicking here.
The government’s summary poster of the rules is below: