The High Sheriff Awards 2021 are focussed on recognising the exceptional work done by so many in Berkshire to support those in need in their communities during the pandemic. The High Sheriff of Berkshire, Mary Riall, is inviting residents across the county to nominate a Berkshire individual, charity organisation, or community groups that has made an exceptional difference to the lives of others.
Mary Riall says:
Covid has dominated this year and I have been repeatedly amazed, uplifted and encouraged by the remarkable generosity and dedication of so many to help those in need by supporting their neighbours and the wider community. These awards are a chance to celebrate and thank our unsung Berkshire heroes.
The categories are:
- Volunteer of the Year under 30 Open to any age under 30 who have gone the extra mile to make a difference
- Volunteer of the Year over 30 Open to any age over 30 who have gone the extra mile to make a difference
- New Group of the Year Open to all newly established groups supporting their communities in some way
- Strengthen your Community Open to all groups and individuals who have strengthened, connected and/or encouraged their communities
- Supporting the Isolated Open to all groups and individuals who have helped isolated people feel more connected and valued
- High Sheriff Annual Award Open to those who have made a difference in law and order and/or the administration of justice
Award winners will include exceptional leaders and groups through to people working quietly and effectively in the background. All will have gone the extra mile to improve the lives of those around them.
The Awards are a way of celebrating people whose work might not otherwise have received wider recognition. The aim is to get nominations from across the county that will demonstrate the strength and kindness that runs through our Berkshire communities. All nominations will receive recognition from the High Sheriff with runners up and winners attending an Awards ceremony, details to be confirmed.
How to apply:
Nominations can be made via the website https://berkshirehighsheriff.com/awards/
Deadline for entries is 5pm on 31st January 2021
Awards will be presented in March 2021 (date and venue to be announced)
Image above is by Mohamed Hassan from PxHere