Greenham Trust has announced its biggest and most exciting new local fundraising initiative. As part of its 25th Anniversary celebrations, five lucky local charitable organisations will have the opportunity to raise an amazing £25,000 in match funding in one day.
Five ‘£25k in a Day’ events will be held during 2022. On each date one lucky applicant organisation will be selected to raise £5,000 through donations and fundraising activities via The Good Exchange platform over a 24- hour period and each £1 raised will be matched by Greenham Trust at the rate of £5 for every £1. By generating £5,000 of donations in one day, the selected charity will receive £25,000 of match funding from Greenham Trust and up to £1,250 in Gift Aid, to reach a potential amazing total of £31,250.
The fundraising days will take place in May, July, September, October, and November 2022. The application deadlines are Friday 25th March for the May or July events and Friday 15th July for the September, October, and November events.
“Our five 25th Anniversary ‘£25K in a day’ events open up a fantastic opportunity for local charitable organisations” said Chris Boulton, CEO of Greenham Trust. “The ability to raise the sum of £31,250 in a single day could potentially transform the service that they are able to offer. We recommend that qualifying applicants start planning their applications now to give them the best chance of being selected for one of the five slots.”
Here’s how to apply:
- Applications for the first event are now open
- Beneficiaries for the fundraising projects submitted must be within Greenham Trust’s area of operation
- Fundraising projects can cover capital or revenue items or core costs
- Applicants must have a live project on The Good Exchange by the relevant deadline – this should be a new application without any existing funding offers from Greenham Trust. To create a new project on The Good Exchange please go to: https://thegoodexchange.com/what-is-the-good-exchange/for-applicant-organisations/
- To apply, applicants should also complete the fundraising plans form (available here: https://greenhamtrust.com/25kinaday and email it to: [email protected] by 5.00 pm on Friday 25th March or Friday 15th July, requesting their application be considered for £25k in a Day
- The project should require a minimum of £31,250 in funding to maximise the match funding available and to allow for Gift Aid to be added. It is recommended that applicants have a second live project on The Good Exchange so that in the event of the project becoming fully funded they can divert donors to an alternative project to continue to benefit from public donations
- Applicants who have been selected for a Greenham Trust £25k in a Day event will be notified within two weeks of the application deadline. Applications which are not successful in being selected for £25k in a Day will be referred to Greenham Trust’s Community Grants and Trust Top Up schemes, subject to meeting their eligibility criteria.