If a doorstep caller is at your home NOW, or you have recently been contacted by one, call us immediately on 01635 519930.
If the trader has left, then call the Citizens Advice Consumer Service (CACS) on 0345 404 0506 or report it to us online.
If someone comes to your door, observe this code:
– Stop: Are you expecting anybody, have you arranged any appointments?
– Chain: Secure the door bar or chain before opening the door.
– Check: Ask for and double check the caller’s ID. Legitimate traders will not mind you asking and should be able to prove who they are.
And remember these three key points:
– Say NO to doorstep callers
– If it seems too good to be true, it probably is
– Unsolicited phone calls – it’s not impolite, it’s your right to hang up.